As a coach I help people build and improve skills in:
- Leadership Development
- Emotional Intelligence
- Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Communication Skill Building
- Change Facilitation
- Career/Life Transitions
I find that people who get the most out of coaching are highly motivated to learn and grow. I enjoy challenging people to think about themselves differently in order to form new habits with measurable professional and personal gains. I help a wide range of people seeking to improve work/life balance, organizational ability, performance and leadership, career transitions, social network growth, and skillful dating. I use a problem-solving approach for coaching that is positive, strength-based, and strategic using cognitive neuroscience and behavioral design techniques.
“As your coach, I will collaborate with you as a thinking partner, helping you uncover new dimensions of problem solving, so you can tap into the best version of yourself. Part of what I love doing is helping people fully utilize their potential. I will help you identify and examine the obstacles and enlist strategic resources as part of your tailored plan of action. We will target the ineffective patterns that are in the way which will allow for new, positive developments. I will help you build the solutions you’ll need to achieve your goals. Coaching sessions are an active place to develop strategic goals, and work towards them with steady, measurable progress. In partnership we will celebrate your accomplishments, gain insight from the pitfalls that are a natural part of growth, and develop a support system to help you maintain positive change. It’s an exciting journey that I love taking with people, every step of the way.” Dr. Christina Villarreal
- Defines and adheres to specific goals defined by the client
- Formulates an action plan that capitalizes upon the client’s existing skill sets and strengths
- Measures progress with ongoing assessment; process is results driven
- Provides tailored structure, positive encouragement, support, and feedback
- Psychotherapy is appropriate when a mental health problem/disability arises, and warrants clinical attention and psychological intervention
- Psychotherapy focuses on moving people from a state of dysfunction to one of being functional; it was developed out of the need to treat human pathology
- Psychotherapy is appropriate for helping people cope with, and learn to manage the debilitating symptoms of ongoing mental illness
- Psychotherapists are trained to take a neutral, objective stance towards their patients rather than advocate for positive change and growth.
Please note, once you have begun working with Dr. Villarreal, if you have scheduled and confirmed an appointment, you have a 24 hour grace period with which to cancel or reschedule that appointment. You may cancel or reschedule directly with Dr. Villarreal by email, phone message or text. Without adequate cancellation time, you will be responsible for the cost of the missed appointment in full.
Payment for services rendered are due at the time of the scheduled appointment. Health insurance is not accepted for the cost of coaching services. Payments may be made with cash, check, PayPal or major credit card (via squareup).