Dr. Christina Villarreal offers professional support to help you reach your life goals at any stage. She provides personal and executive coaching and consultation for adults, with specialties in: emotional intelligence, time management/organization, wellness/health management, relationship management and dating, organizational diversity/cultural awareness, professional business development, peak performance/leadership, creativity/ innovation, and network growth/leverage. Specialization in working with the Bay Area’s tech community, including start-up founders and their employees, executives in finance, design marketing, attorneys and engineers, and wide range of creative professionals. LGBTQ populations welcome.
- Defines goals with client
- Formulates a plan that will use the client’s skills and resources
- Holds the client accountable for progress with structure, and measures progress
- Provides hands-on structure, encouragement and support
• Focuses on a person’s past and trauma, and seeks
• Helps patients resolve old pain
• Doctor-patient relationship (therapist is the expert)
• Aims to help regulate client’s dysfunctional emotions
• Therapist diagnoses, then provides professional expertise
to provide a path to healing.
• Progress can be slow and emotionally challenging.
• Deals with a healthy client desiring an improved situation
• Focuses primarily with a person’s present life, and seeks to help
them design a more desirable future
• Helps clients learn new skills and tools to build a more
satisfying successful future
• Co-creative equal partnership (coach helps the client
discover own answers)
• Client’s emotional skills are already within the functional range
• The Coach works with the client and helps him or her
identify the challenges, then partners to turn challenges into
successes, holding client accountable to reach desired goals.
• Growth and progress are often immediately measurable.